Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Shipwreck passes house at sea



My first photoshop experiment.

I know the piece looks photoshopped, but the idea is to use images that I have seen in life and create impossible/dream images which I can then translate into my paintings.

This one image is a composite of three photographs in four sections. The forground is the picture below, the two sections of the sea is from a beach photo and the background is an Inis Oirr house in fog. All of these photos were taken by me on the Aran Island of Inis Oirr.

The image of a house sailing out into the atlantic with a powerline that somehow still connects it to shore, whilst an aincent shipwreck flounders is like an opium dream, I may even translate this one into oils.

Peace and Hope

FatherCrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home