Police State? What Police state?
Reassuring isn't it?
As it says above, the image is an official British Government poster outside a London tube station. George Orwell, eat your heart out. I even bet he would have appreciated the quasi-communist-fascist 20th century poster art.
Actually, this might be a good time for us all to try an experiment.
Consider the following quotes from the book "1984" and see if you think them applicable in any way to current day life in the U.S. and the U.K.
Are you feeling comfortable?
Well then, we shall begin.
1. "“The rocket bombs which fell daily on London were probably fired by the government of Oceania itself, 'just to keep the people frightened."
2. “The key-word here is blackwhite. Like so many Newspeak words, this word has two mutually contradictory meanings. Applied to an opponent, it means the habit of impudently claiming that black is white, in contradiction of the plain facts.”
3. "And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed—if all records told the same tale—then the lie passed into history and became truth. 'Who controls the past' ran the Party slogan, 'controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.'"
4. Referring to the Proles "Until the become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they they have rebelled they cannot become conscious."
5. "In Oceania at the present day, Science, in the old sense, has almost ceased to exist. In Newspeak there is no word for 'Science.' The empirical method of thought, on which all the scientific achievements of the past were founded, is opposed to the most fundamental principles of Ingsoc."
6. “Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows”
Thats all for today, think about it tonight,
There will be a test.
Results may vary depending on the individual.
And Remember U.K. citizens, you are free. Free to do what they tell you.
Peace and Hope